Nuheara (ASX:NUH) expands into the US – The Market Herald
- Nuheara (NUH) is expanding its US operations to capitalize on new medical device opportunities in the regulated hearing aid industry
- As such, the company will open a new US operations center in Washington, in an area recognized as a major technology and medical device hub in the US
- The news comes as key executives are promoted and hired, including John Luna, who will be promoted to President Americas in addition to his existing role as Chief Revenue Officer, and Tony Sulsona, who will be appointed to the role of VP Sales and Marketing
- Meanwhile, Nuheara co-founder David Cannington has announced his retirement as chief marketing officer, but will remain on the board as a non-executive director
- Nuheara was trading steady at 1.5 cents
Nuheara (NUH) has expanded its US operations to capitalize on new medical device opportunities in the regulated hearing aid industry in America.
As such, the Company will open a new US operations center in Bellevue, Washington. This location is on the outskirts of Seattle, which is considered a major technology and medical device hub in the United States.
The news comes as key executives are promoted and hired, including John Luna, who is being promoted to President Americas, effective immediately, in addition to his existing role as Chief Revenue Officer. Tony Sulsona has also been appointed to the role of VP Sales and Marketing.
With the company expected to have plans to submit FDA 510K by the end of March and the subsequent opportunity to sell an FDA-cleared hearing aid in the United States in the second half of this calendar year, Nuheara said it created the operations center to do so enable Take advantage of the growth opportunities ahead in the US. These include medical devices, expanding retail presence and growing investment interest.
“As a medical device company focused on the US market, we recognized the need to expand our medical device sales, marketing and customer service capabilities,” said Justin Miller, co-founder, managing director and CEO of Nuheara.
“Nuheara is now better positioned to capitalize on the opportunity in the US market, led by John and Tony, who together have more than 60 years of experience successfully building medical and consumer products companies in the hearing aid industry in the United States.”
Meanwhile, Nuheara co-founder David Cannington has announced his resignation as Chief Marketing Officer. However, he remains on the board as a non-executive director.
“David has been a key member of the team since Nuheara’s inception and we are all proud of the many accomplishments he has spearheaded,” said Justin Miller.
“While I am saddened that he is retiring and will no longer work with him on a daily basis, I am pleased that David will continue his commitment as a non-executive director.”
Nuheara was trading steady at 1.5 cents at 11:57 AEDT.